* This post may be NSFW.
* * This post contains affiliate links.
If you're an attractive male or female (all shapes and sizes welcome), at least 18 years of age (with proof), and not camera shy, you may be able to earn thousands of dollars per month as an adult web cam model for Internet Modeling.
Adult web cam models perform live online for their audience. You are not required to be nude, although that must be disclosed to your clients prior to your video session. Of course, those willing to bare it all in private chat typically get paid more than those who do not.
Models are paid $0.80 per minute for regular sessions and $1.00 per minute for private sessions. Average earnings are between $500 and $1,000 per week for part time hours (20-25 hours a week), with others earning much more.
To maximize earning potential as a webcam model, Internet Modeling features you on dozens of adult websites. This allows you to reach out to a larger client base.
So, what are the perks?
- You choose your own hours--whether you work 10 hours a week or 40 is entirely up to you.
- You never have to disclose your real name to clients, nor do you have to meet them in person. If a client bothers you or gives off a bad vibe, you may block him/her.
- Average earnings are between $500 and $1,000 per week for 20 to 25 hours.
- You're paid once a week and there are numerous payment methods available, including direct deposit.
- You can work in the comfort of your own home.
- You can wear sexy clothes and lingerie.
Of course, there are numerous other perks, such as referral bonuses, creating and selling your own videos, and even choosing what to wear (or what not to wear).
What are the requirements?
- You must be at least 18 years old and you must be able to provide proof.
- You must have a PC, a high-speed internet connection, a quality webcam, and a personality that shines.
- You must be a resident of the United States, or one of the countries accepted by the company.
For a complete list of requirements, please fill out the adult web cam model application and read the FAQs.
You may use me as your referral, if you'd like, and I will help you along the way, answering any questions you may have and help you gain exposure. Simply put "Emilia" when asked who you were referred by.
If you're ready to jump right in, fill out the application to become an adult webcam model and start earning! For more information, keep reading!
What do adult webcam models do?
As a webcam model, you get what you put in. Where most models tend to fail is in the area of "acting." You are not simply a pretty face and a beautiful body. You are an acress. Sometimes, as an actress, you must step outside of your comfort zone in terms of how you're "acting," and be a completely different person—and convincingly so.
How do adult webcam models make money?
What most adult webcam modeling companies don't tell you upfront is that you don't make money by simply chatting it up with customers. Webcam models make their money in private chat. Private chat is a one-on-one session (although in some cases, such as Premium Chat, more than one person can be in a "private chat") that the customers purchase. What you choose to do in private chat is up to you.
Usually, clients have an idea of what they want but you are NOT obligated to do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable ALTHOUGH (not to sound condescending) what you're unwilling to do in private chat, the next model will. You mustn't forget that you're paid by the minute.
While that may not sound like a difficult feat, you should be aware that convincing "watchers" and "lurkers" to buy a paid show is actually quite the challenge. According to statistics, only about 15% of the customers through Internet Modeling actually buy a paid show (this is actually much higher than other webcam modeling agencies). That means that a whopping 85% do not.
With that said, there are ways to increase the likelihood of selling a show and surprisingly, this is typically done by paying attention to those who do not engage with you by typing it up in the chat box. That's right. Most of the "non-chatters" are the individuals scoping out the room, trying to find out whether or not you're the type of model they want to see perform. Most of the time, these are the customers that spend the most money.
Oh, and in case you didn't know, nudity is only allowed in private chat, although a couple of flashes here and there are accepted in order to coerce customers to "buy your time."
How do webcam models get customers to buy private shows?
The first two weeks are always the hardest. Once you make it past those two weeks, you'll no longer be a "new face" and regulars will start to get to know you. Eventually, you'll be a well-known face. If you're really good at what you do, you may even become a favorite of some of the paying clients.
Getting customers to purchase time with you is all about your approach. Tease, flirt, show a little skin. The basic idea is to get them excited enough to purchase a paid show. The best way to increase your chances of a paid show are by maximizing the number of visitors in your free chats. Once your room is nearly full and customers are begging to see you naked, asking you to do certain sexually explicit things, asking questions about you, and so on, then you know you're on the right track.
Make them want you bad enough to be willing to get you away from all of the chaos of the free chat. Make them want you all to themselves.
The more you tease, the more you ignore requests to "show off your body" or "lift your shirt," the more likely customers are to want to see more.
Because of this, you should be mindful about what you wear. Wear something revealing—but not too revealing. Maybe something that shows your cleavage or lets your nipples peek through, or maybe something that shows off your belly button ring.
What should adult webcam models wear?
Since nudity is only allowed in private chat, with the exception of a few flashes here and there, you need to choose your wardrobe wisely. What you wear could be the difference between a customer wanting you to himself in a private chat or leaving the room altogether.
- Wear sexy lingerie or sexy underwear. SpicyLegs has costumes for men and women, corsets, lingerie, hats and wigs, short skirts, sexy dresses, and bedroom worthy shoes.
- Have lots of toys in clear view of potential customers. SpicyLegs also offers lots of sex toys, including a 50 Shades of Gray collection that you can use in your shows. When customers see these toys in the background, they may want to see what you can do with them in a private show.
- Keep your wardrobe fun and exciting. Once you start getting regular customers, they may want you to switch things up a big, so keep a variety of clothes, toys, and sexy wigs around.
Oh, and right now, you can get 5% off of your order of $75 or more with the following code:
What are the best toys for cam modeling?
Massage wands are the best item to have. SpicyLegs has a rechargeable 50 Shades of Grey wand that would be perfect for your shows. Additionally, you can use pleasure beads, small vibrators, or just good old fashioned hands. It's entirely up to you.