There used to be a time when it was unfathomable for an employee not to show up for work because they would be completing their office assignments from home. Those days are long gone now, as working from home is becoming more and more popular in many regions of the world. The reason why working from home is becoming so popular is because technology has advanced enough so that it may assist us with everything we need to get office duties done without even stepping foot in the office. That being said, this dream opportunity which some are living right now, isn’t necessarily that way in all its aspects. So while some are incredibly happy to be able to work from home and dig this, there are things about this setup that doesn’t really bode well with them or with anyone for that matter. Let’s take a look at what is it about working from home that people like and dislike.
Things people like about working from home
- Working from home allows you to do as you wish and not be constricted to a specific decision tree
- You don’t have to travel all the way to work, as you’re already at work when you wake up
- You can dress any way you like for work and wear anything you desire
- You don’t have to worry about people constantly checking up on your work
- You can write off a part of your home office costs on taxes
- You can be more present in the life of your children and participate more in the family affairs
Things people don’t like about working from home
- It can be pretty hard to actually start work when you’re not conditioned by a starting hour
- You depend solely on yourself to keep you motivated as there is no one there to do it for you
- You have to go through work without the sense of kinship that usually forms between office colleagues
- You miss out on the experience of taking breaks or going to lunch with co-workers
- It’s harder to stay connected to the business since you aren’t there and this can make you less aware of certain projects or things happening at the office
- You risk putting in too many extra hours at work since it’s so easy because you work from home and the office is right there
These were some of the things that you hate and love about working from home. While it can be a great opportunity and would help you a lot, there are certainly things that would make some reconsider the arrangement. It all really depends on whether or not you’re ok with the “consequences” and if the pros overpower the cons.