This summer, indulge a little with this sweet, fulfilling, old-fashioned lemonade recipe. Boiling the sugar and water reduces the "graininess" of the sugar, creating a smooth, refreshing drink. If you are watching your sugar intake, you can use two teaspoons of Stevia powdered extract instead.
You will need:
- 10 cups cold filtered water
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice, chilled
- 1 cup cranberry juice, chilled
- 1 lemon, sliced
- On a stove, boil two cups of water. Add sugar until completely dissolved. Remove from heat and allow solution to reach room temperature.
- Pour sugar/water mixture into a large pitcher. Top it off with the additional eight cups of cold water.
- Pour in fresh lemon juice and cranberry juice.
- Add in lemon slices. Serve cold with ice, if desired.
Experiment with different all-natural sweeteners like honey, or even coconut sugar for a more tropical blend.
Enjoy your summer!